One of the most successful stock trader with special focus on cash stocks and who has a very creative mind to look out for opportunities in dark times
Covering one of the most unique set ups: Extended moves & Reversal plays
Time for a 🧵 to learn the above from @iManasArora
30-40% move in just 5-6 days is one example of extended move
How Manas used this info to book profits
10WMA = 50DMA
Too many green days!
Read this entire thread, to know the rules of extended
Chk your past trades & the entry point. Out of all the trades, how many trades were already extended when you entered?— Manas Arora (@iManasArora) September 6, 2019
In my entire trading experience, I have seen the majority making this mistake. Let me knw how much you could have saved. I bet the number will be HUGE!#BroTip
Ans: Exit partial qty when the stock gets extended
Simple yet Effective!
Example 1: Shorting #JSWSTEEL on the basis of Extended move
Trade reason - #JSWSTEEL Short (Didn't post)— Manas Arora (@iManasArora) May 25, 2021
Extended move (Main basis of the trade)
After an already stretched move, it broke out at 1 without spending enough time/rest
Sold at 2 (For a better R/R)
Failed breakout at 3 (Confirmed my view)
Covered at 4#Simple pic.twitter.com/uUsy8sBgbB
Trade reason - #ADANIENT Short— Manas Arora (@iManasArora) May 25, 2021
Extended move (Main reason)
Lethargic post-breakout reaction at 1
Failed breakout at 2
Failure to cross the breakout point at 3
Strike at 4!#PriceAction
(Inverted picture might ring the bell) https://t.co/qhsdBZdVmL pic.twitter.com/JxN9L5gjWA
Disclaimer: These stunts are performed by a pro @iManasArora , pls dnt jump directly into shorting without knowing the basics
1. Never enter an extended stock
2. Use the extended info to book profits or go short
But then, long only traders in cash segment think they cant utilize the opportunity in a down trending market
Look for stocks down 4-6days in a row. Then look for reversal signs on a much lower frame to enter.
Manas believes: Excessive weakness offers a good long opportunity!
Lets see how @iManasArora Walks the Talk
Example 1: #BAJAJFIN
Example 2: #BSE
Example 3: #NBCC
Spot extended moves in your P&L as well, and know when to slow down
Example 4: #ASHOKLEY
Example 5: #DREDGECORP
Example 6: #JSL
Example 7: #AFFLE
Example 8: #DRREDDY
Example 9: #NYKAA
Example 10: #PAYTM
They say stocks that hold strong on a very bearish day should be bought. This was my reversal watchlist for today. These names got severely beaten down yesterday. The result is out. Which stock is 6%+ up that held strong yesterday?— Manas Arora (@iManasArora) January 25, 2022
Have an open mind#BroTip pic.twitter.com/LLPeW0E9Bg
Ans: You can always get out with a small SL, but but but, remember the opportunity is only gonna get more sweeter
You can use this info to build a system of yours!
If you❤️this, why not share?
Retweet the first tweet and help others find this 🧵
Happy learning 🤓 to everyone!
More from Nikita Poojary
Time for a🧵
Mitesh Sir's EXPIRY Option Selling 101:
• What to look for?
• Strike Selection & Ratios
• SL mgmt
• Avoiding freezes
• Monthy Expiry
• Event days
• How he would have traded last expiry?
In collaboration with @AdityaTodmal
Edward de Bono says intelligence is like a🚗 Automobile
“A powerful car may be driven badly. A less powerful car may be driven well. The skill of the car driver determines how the power of the car is used.”
What @Mitesh_Engr Sir looks at for Expiry Trading:
• Technicals of BNF
• Individual Heavyweight stocks of BNF
• Support/Resistance of BNF on weekly TF
• Also has Superb SL management
• When it comes to adjustments, he is always on toes
How to Select Strikes to Sell?
• You can't sell based on premium
• Follow only trend
• Price action is best to sell on expiry day
• Never wait for the options to go to zero
Using Ratios to Sell:
• If BNF is in a range then strangles
• If breakout/ breakdown from a range then directional
• Selling 70/30 or 80/20 ratios
• 2 examples on how he used ratios
Time for a 🧵
Lets demystify the Peak Margin rules and try to find solutions for the option sellers!
Peak Margin by SEBI:
• 100% upfront margin for intraday trades in the derivative segment
• Effectively MIS orders = NRML orders, as both will attract same margin in the derivative segment
• Minimum margin for equity intraday trades will be 20% of trade value i.e. 5X leverage
How things used to operate erstwhile?
• Until last year there were no standardization of leverage
• Brokerage firms used to offer their clients intraday leverage of 5x, 10, 15x, 20x etc. as margin reporting was done on EoD basis
• Brokerage firms were allowing customers to take intraday positions with margins far lesser than required via products like MIS, BO, CO, etc. as the positions used to get squared off before the trading hours
• Eg: If 1 lot of Nifty futures require (SPAN + exposure of) Rs. 1.1L, brokerage houses would allow to trade with just 20-30% of this amount i.e Rs. 33k
Here's a breakdown of 11 simple yet powerful steps to create one: 🧵
Collaborated with @AdityaTodmal
1/ Know your type:
First and foremost, understand whether you are a Scalper or Intraday trader or Swing trader or Positional Trader.
Create an account in @tradingview
2/ Set the Time Frame (TF) of the Charts:
• Scalper: the TF you would use would be in the range of 1- 5min
• Intraday Trader: 5-15min TF
• Swing Trader: Hourly to Daily
• Positional Trader: Weekly
3/ Be aware of the trend at higher TF.
No matter which type of trader you are, its important to know the trend at higher TF.
Crucial to know whether its a buy on dip market or sell on rise market.
In my outlook for the week for #BANKNIFTY & #NIFTY I cover multi TF analysis.
4/ Identify the major Demand & Supply Zone:
• A supply zone is the price area where traders have the highest selling interest or potential.
• A demand zone is the price area where the traders have the highest buying interest or potential.
Bearish engulfing on monthly or bullish harami on Weekly , which one will play out?
Outlook for the week Jan 2 - 6, 2022.
THREAD: Deconstructing NIFTY on 5 different TF's.
1. Monthly TF:
• Although the structure in monthly TF is of HH-HL, December monthly candle is a more of a bearish engulfing.
• However it is exactly at the support
• 17800-18000 looks like a strong support.
2. Weekly TF:
• 17800- 1800 used to be a resistance in April & August 2022.
• However post BO of those levels, they might act as an immediate support.
• Current weekly candle is closer to the support (erstwhile resistance)
3. Daily TF:
• After a sharp vertical fall, we expected a buying momentum
• Also Nifty filled the Gap.
• Strong support at 17800
4. Hourly TF:
Moving within the rising channel, albiet the channel is quite steep.
He is none other than Mr. Subasish Pani.
THREAD: 11 things you must know to become an option buyer.
Collaborated with @AdityaTodmal
•Don't get carried away with the kind of return that Mr. Pani made in such a short period of time.
•This requires a high level of skill, and discipline in terms of which strike to choose, which time to trade, and which days to trade.
•It also comes with higher drawdown.
1/ Screen Time:
• Indian markets function from 9:15-15:30.
• Dividing this time zone into 3 sub parts:
- 9:15 to 10:30: trending market
- 10:30 to 13:30: for retracement
- 13:30 to 3:30: trending
2/ Focus on momentum:
• Option buyers make money when the momentum is quick.
• However if the market remain sideways for few days then the option starts to lose its value.
• This is because theta decay works against option buyers.
3/ Option buyers need momentum to make money:
• Hence focus on the 1st & 2nd time zone where the markets are trending.
• Avoid taking trades between 10:30am till 13:30.
• Special focus on Wednesday & Thursday as premiums are low and if you can catch momentum then good R/R.
More from Screeners
Step-by-step: how to use (the free) @screener_in to generate investment ideas.
Do retweet if you find it useful to benefit max investors. 🙏🙏
Ready or not, 🧵🧵⤵️
I will use the free screener version so that everyone can follow along.
1. Stepwise Guide
2. Practical Example: CoffeeCan Companies
3. Practical Example: Smallcap Consistent compounders
4. Practical Example: Smallcap turnaround
5. Key Takeaway
1. Stepwise Guide
Go to https://t.co/jtOL2Bpoys
Go to "SCREENS" tab
Go to "CREATE NEW SCREEN"
At this point you need to register. No charges. I did that with my brother's email id. This is what you see after that.
So let's have a look what we can learn from his today's profit:
• He generally build positions at previous swing break or after seeing a reversal candle after some retracement
• He generally creates his positions at 1st half of market
After that he just do adjustments and other things to his existing positions
• He trail his positions at previous swing high/low level
• He watch 5 min time frame to find reversals (W or M pattern) at Support/Resistance
• He generally short ITM options with hedge at 2000 far strike for margin benefit
• He leaves CE short options alone for overnight only if it decays over 20-30% after his entry
• But he never leaves PE short options alone (except where it become deep OTM) cause market generally gap up by small % but it can gap down by huge % due to any economic fear
• He always keep hedges(CE/Future short)to protect down side risk while he leave PE short for overnight
You May Also Like
Python makes it very easy to analyze and visualize time series data when you’re a beginner. It's easier when you don't have to install python on your PC (that's why it's a nano course, you'll learn python...
... on the go). You will not be required to install python in your PC but you will be using an amazing python editor, Google Colab Visit https://t.co/EZt0agsdlV
This course is for anyone out there who is confused, frustrated, and just wants this python/finance thing to work!
In Module 1 of this Nano course, we will learn about :
# Using Google Colab
# Importing libraries
# Making a Random Time Series of Black Field Research Stock (fictional)
# Using Google Colab
Intro link is here on YT: https://t.co/MqMSDBaQri
Create a new Notebook at https://t.co/EZt0agsdlV and name it AnythingOfYourChoice.ipynb
You got your notebook ready and now the game is on!
You can add code in these cells and add as many cells as you want
# Importing Libraries
Imports are pretty standard, with a few exceptions.
For the most part, you can import your libraries by running the import.
Type this in the first cell you see. You need not worry about what each of these does, we will understand it later.
Seen a couple of these panels make the rounds from time to time, so here's the complete set of 10 (something to amuse and/or offend almost everyone).
Chapter 1: The Super Patriot
Chapter 2: The Ku Klux Klansman
Chapter 3: The American Student
Chapter 4: The Right-Wing Extremist
Bhoga Yoga Narasimha Swamy Temple, Devarayanadurga is located near Tumkur of Karnataka. There are two temples are here for Narasimha Swamy, one is at the base of the hill which is Bhoga Narasimhar and 👇
the other on the top of hill which is Yoga Narasimhar.
Bhoga Narasimha swamy Temple Prathista is said to be done by Maharshi Durvasa who did tapasya here. While doing tapasya Muni wished to bath in river Ganga and decided to travel to Ganga river bank,
At that time Ganga Devi appeared here and said she will remain here in the temple pond.
Yoga Narasimha swamy Prathista is believed to be done by Bhrama Deva who did tapasya here for many years.
Narasimhar appeared with Lakshmi Devi here to give darshan to Bhrama Deva here.
उग्रं वीरं महाविष्णुं ज्वलन्तं सर्वतोमुखम्।
नृसिंहं भीषणं भद्रं मृत्युमृत्युं नमाम्यहम् ॥
Om Shri Narasimha Murthaye Namah
His parents, my Omi and Opi, always considered themselves more German than Jewish, so they didn’t think they’d get swept up in the madness.
Opi was taken to city hall with other Jews and lined up against a wall. He thought he was going to be shot.
He always remembered when they got to Dachau there were pajamas with Jewish stars waiting on their cots. Obviously not a spontaneous thing.
He was very lucky. His family got him a fake Uruguayan visa and he was out of Dachau six weeks later. “Before Christmas,” my dad recalls.
A lot of things Muslims do now and claim as Islamic rule is actually a culture that Islam curtailed or tried to perfect.— Sule Nana (@izesule) January 2, 2021
Let's talk polygamy.
Islam didn't come and say, "oh men, marry four wives"
Polygamy was in existence, long before the coming of Islam.
1. First off, a disclaimer. Should you feel hurt by my words in the course of the thread, then forgive me. It’s from me and not from Islam. And I probably have to improve on my delivery. And I may not quote you verbatim, but the intended meaning would be there. Thank You!
2. Standing on Imam Shafii’s quote: “And I never debated anyone but that I did not mind whether Allah clarified the truth on my tongue or his tongue” or “I never once debated anyone hoping to win the debate; rather I always wished that the truth would come from his side.”
3. Okay, into the meat (my love for meat is showing. Lol) of the thread. Even though you didn’t mention the verse that permitted polygamy, everyone knows the verse you were talking about (Q4:3).
4. Your reasons for the revelation of the verse are strange. The first time I came across such. I had to quickly consult the books on the exegeses or tafsir of the Quran written by renowned specialists!