• मुक्ता-विद्रुम-हेम-नील धवलच्छायैर्मुखस्त्रीक्षणै:।
muktA vidruma hEma nIla dhavalachhAyaiH mukhaistrlkShaNaiH.
• युक्तामिन्दुकला-निबद्धमुकुटां तत्वार्थवर्णात्मिकाम्॥
yuktAmindukalA nibaddha makutAm tatvArtha varNAtmikam.
• गायत्रीं वरदाभयाङ्कुश कशां शुभ्रं कपालं गदाम्।
gAyatrIm vardAbhayANkusha kashAm shubhram kapAlam gadAm.
• शंखं चक्रमथारविन्दयुगलं हस्तैर्वहन्ती भजै॥
shankham chakramathArvinda yugalam hastairvahantIm bhajE.
This shloka describes the form of वेदमाता गायत्री.
• It says, "She has five faces which shine with the colours of a Pearl 'मुक्ता', Coral 'विद्रुम', Gold 'हेम्', Sapphire 'नील्', & a Diamond 'धवलम्'.
• These five faces are symbolic of the five primordial elements called पञ्चमहाभूत:' which makes up the entire existence.
• These are the elements of SPACE, FIRE, WIND, EARTH & WATER.
• All these five faces shine with three eyes 'त्रिक्षणै:'.
• The third eye, is symbolic of perception beyond the dualities of existence.
• It is a sense beyond the opposite of HOT & COLD, PAIN & PLEASURE, GOOD & BAD and LIFE & DEATH.
• She is depicted to have a CRESCENT MOON 'इन्दुकला' on the top of her crown 'मुकुटं'. This crescent moon is also called as 'सोम', represents intoxicated bliss, that pours from the top of the head, once energies reach the crown 'चक्र:'.
•She is an embodiment of sounds that depict the nature of the true self, 'तत्वार्थवर्णात्मिकाम्'.
•These are the 24 sounds that form the 'गायत्री मंत्र:' itself.
•Out of her 10 hands, two are said to be holding the ' वरद्' Boon providing mudra & 'अभय ' Fear dispelling mudra.
• The other two hands have 'अंकुश' a hook, which represents control over the mind and 'कशां' a whip, which denotes control over the senses.
• In one of the hands, she holds 'शुभ्रं कपालं', a clean skull which represents a vessel. It is symbolic to 'पात्रत्व' or eligibility of having a clear mind, which is important to enhance once perception.
• In another hand, she holds a mace 'गदा', which is a symbol of Power & Strength, which is used to destroy enemies.
• She also holds a conch 'शंखम्', which is the source of the first articulate sound 'ओंकार'.
• In the next hand, she holds a rotating wheel 'चक्रम्', it is compared with the mind which rotates swiffer than the winds ' चक्र स्वरुप: मन:'.
• In the last two hands she holds two lotuses 'अरविन्दयुग्लम्' which depict abundance in the material world.
If we look closely at the depiction of वेदमाता गायत्री, we see the symbolism of many other dieties within her.
• The crescent moon on the crown, the three eyes & the skull are symbolic of BHAGWAAN SHIVA - THE DESTROYER.
• The conch, the chakra, the mace (गदा) & the अभय मुद्रा denote BHAGWAAN VISHNU - THE PROTECTOR.
• The lotus seat is symbolic of BHAGWAAN BRAHMA - THE CREATOR.
• The वरद् मुद्रा & the two lotuses are symbolic of MATA LAKSHMI - THE GODDESS OF WEALTH.
In short वेदमाता गायत्री is symbolised as an embodiment of all dieties, ' सर्वदेव स्वरुपिणी'.
In nutshell, the shloka states,
" I sing the praise of dEvI gAyatri who has five faces of the colours of Pearl, Coral, Gold, Sapphire & Diamond, who has three eyes,
who has the crescent moon in her crown, who is the form of the 24 letters describing the unity of existence, who holds Varada & Abhaya Mudras in her two hands and in others she holds the hook, the whip, the skull, the mace, the conch, the wheel & two lotuses.
I'm sorry for all the mistakes occurred, if any, it was completely unintentional.
Thank you for reading 🙏