3)The Almanack of @naval Ravikant
5)Can't Hurt Me
6)The Psychology of Money
7)Think Like A Monk
9)A Calendar of Wisdom
10)On the shortness of Life
11)Do Epic Shit
12)12 Rules For Life
13)Man's Search For Meaning
14)A Short History of Nearly Everything
15)The Four Agreements
16)The Power of Habit
17)21 Lessons for 21st Century
20)War and Peace
22)The Lessons of History
23)The Power of Now
24)I Will Teach you to be rich
26)Autobiography of Yogi
27)Leonardo da Vinci
29)Why We Sleep
30)5 am club
31)Built to Serve
32)The Go Giver
34)Ego is the enemy
35)Stillness is the key
36)Lives of the stoics
38)The Everything Store
39)Measure what Matters
40)Everything is f
41)Crime and Punishment
42)Talk Like Ted
43)Who Moved my Cheese?
47)The Rational Optimist
48)48 Laws of Power
every one of them is a page-turner.
1. A Night to Remember: The Classic Account of the Final Hours on the Titanic by Walter Lord
2. Say Nothing: A True Story of Murder and Memory in Northern Ireland by Patrick Radden Keefe
3. On Wings of Eagles: The Inspiring True Story of One Man’s Patriotic Spirit — and His Heroic Mission to Save His Countrymen by Ken Follett
4. Annapurna: The First Conquest of an 8,000-Meter Peak by Maurice Herzog
5. A Thousand Hills: Rwanda’s Rebirth and the Man Who Dreamed It by Stephen Kinzer
6. The Perfect Storm: A True Story of Men Against the Sea by Sebastian Junger
7. Barbarians at the Gate: The Fall of RJR Nabisco by Bryan Burrough and John Helyar
8. Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly by Anthony Bourdain
9. Killing Pablo: The Hunt for the World’s Greatest Outlaw by Mark Bowden
A Mega Thread🧵
🔹Unsplash: Beautiful, free images and photos that you can download and use for any project. Better than any royalty free or stock
🔹Pexels: Free stock photos and videos you can use
🔹Pixabay: Pixabay is a vibrant community of creatives, sharing copyright-free images, videos and
🔹Stocksnap: Stocksnap adds hundreds of stock photos weekly, photos which are free from copyright restrictions.
2) On The Shortness of Life
3) The Art of Living
4) Steal Like An Artist
5) The Last Lecture
6) The Miracle Morning
7) The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
9) The Greatest Salesman In The World
11) Make Your Bed
12) Finite & Infinite Games
13) The Compound Effect
14) The Dip
15) Poke The Box
17) Anything You Want
18) The Go-Giver
19) Ignore Everybody
20) The Four Agreements
21) The Strangest Secret
22) Man's Search For Meaning
23) Nobody Wants To Read Your Sh*t
24) The War of Art
25) Gifts of Imperfection
26) Tao Te Ching
28) How To Fight A Hydra
29) Checklist Manifesto
30) Eat The Frog
31) Poor Richard's Almanack
32) Effective Executive
33) Who Moved My Cheese
34) 7 Brief Lessons on Physics
35) Lessons of History
36) The Boy, Fox, Mole & Horse
If you enjoyed this thread and want more book recs:
1) Follow @AlexAndBooks_ 👈
2) Sign up for my free weekly book newsletter (7,100+
10 threads to make you healthy, wealthy, and wise:
1/ Learn a bit of psychology to better understand yourself.
Not from me. From a doctor.
@dremilyanhalt breaks down psych concepts to help you name your feelings and
PSYCHOLOGY MEGATHREAD:— Dr. Emily Anhalt (@dremilyanhalt) February 11, 2020
40 of my favorite psychological concepts, introduced as thoroughly as I could manage in 280 characters or less.
These are core human behaviors that play out in all relationships, & are explored through therapy.
Enjoy, ask questions, & add your own!
2/ Define what self-care is to you.
Practice it. Often.
Incredible life lessons from mom, marketing executive, and CEO @AmandaMGoetz.
This thread will blow your mind.
Things I know at 35,— Amanda Goetz (@AmandaMGoetz) July 27, 2021
I wish I had known at 25.
3/ Know your worth.
Pay attention to red flags in business. Stand up for yourself when it's time.
No one knows this better than founder, executive, and influencer marketer,
4/ If you want to get rich, be willing to think outside the box.
Consider unsexy, cash-flowing small businesses.
@Codie_Sanchez is the expert in this and she writes a killer newsletter on building
I was burned out in finance, working on someone else's schedule, tired of having my time tied to $.— Codie Sanchez \U0001f4a5 (@Codie_Sanchez) April 9, 2021
So I started investing in cash-flowing biz's.
Not sexy startups, but boring businesses.
One of my fav small deals netted $67k a year, $100k at close... w/ quarters
A thread: pic.twitter.com/Mv0diWoPeB
“The reading of all good books is like conversation with the finest men of past centuries.”
― René Descartes
"The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life"
"If you set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time, and you would achieve nothing."
― Margaret Thatcher
"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned."
― The Buddha