The YouTube algorithm that I helped build in 2011 still recommends the flat earth theory by the *hundreds of millions*. This investigation by @RawStory shows some of the real-life consequences of this badly designed AI.
Flat-earthers are the canaries in the coalmine /18
I think they're missing the point. 19/
With AI in charge of our information, we're facing a brand new, existential problem that concerns all of us. We need to develop tools to understand it better. 20/
From the algorithm's point of view, flat earth is a gold mine.
Full article: https://t.co/LPjCKpbwXj
More from Tech
#cphftw #sthlmtech #helyes 🇩🇰🇫🇮🇮🇸🇳🇴🇸🇪
- Join & start community initiatives to meet people
- Learn from these people about how special the Nordic tech scene is
- Share this with the world through The Nordic Web
- Realise the real value is in the data, particularly in building network
- Use network to raise a fund
3) In fact, it looks all very strategic, but the reality is anything but.
My lack of vision and goals during this 5 year period was _criminal_
Any movement from one step to the next was never pre-planned and was instinctive, or worse, accidental.
4) While I am embarrassed to think of my headless chicken self, there's also part of me that thinks that none of this would have turned out where it did if I had of been deliberate and strategic about this.
5) In fact, I think my genuine love for the Nordics and the ecosystem is the MAIN reason to explain how I raised my fund & managed to move from step to step.
My story is a good example of how passion can be more powerful than strategy in the early stage of an idea/company.
The PageRank algorithm gives each page a rating of its
importance, which is a recursively defined measure of importance, based on if important pages link to it.
It's recursive because the importance of a page refers back to the importance of other pages that link to it
Here's how it works in practice:
1⃣ We start with some pages and crawl them for links
2⃣ Each page has 1/N points (where N as the total number of pages)
3⃣ Add points to each page for the amount of links to it, divided by the number
of links emanating from the sources of these links
Like, a pretty narrow slice of feminists actually endorse and support corporate feminism, they’re just white, nondisabled, straight, cis, and noisy so their voices have a bigger reach.
So if your impression is that ‘feminism’ gave her a ‘free pass’ maybe you should question your overall impression of feminism rather than continuing to centre a handful of people as ‘thought leaders’ or whatever.
Critics within feminism have been doing this work for a long time and have been getting shat on it for about as long and I'm tired of seeing them erased. But what do I know — I am, after all, not a feminist.
But I WILL say, from my not-a-feminist perspective, that people who aren’t feminists who are criticising feminism should maybe understand the movement more deeply beyond a handful of high profile celebrity feminists.
Just imagine there's a global pandemic forcing everyone to stay home and buy their stuff over the internet. And you've been working on your sanitization-on-demand startup. You've got more users than you can count! ... literally, because your data's all over.
Now you're a multi-national international country with privacy issues because your information is all over the place.
Now a user writes to request you delete their data. Where is it? How do you do that? Who's responsible for privacy in your business.
How do you operationalize privacy rights?
We spend a lot of time on Twitter analyzing the legal rulings, but it's harder where the "rubber meets the code" 🥁
Thread, article here and h/t: @qikipedia :
For a long time, medicine was pre-occupied with the question "can this be solved by putting something in the butt?"
Take, for example, tobacco smoke enemas, in which 18th Century physicians saw drowning victims and attempted to de-deadify them by blowing tobacco smoke up their rectums with a pipe.
Despite having no medical benefit whatsoever, the practice was popular, and enema kits lined the Thames like lifebelts, ready to be used as one final humiliation for somebody who was crap at swimming.
This practice ended sometime after 1800 when it became apparent that it didn't really work, given how the anus famously isn't really connected to the lungs, but doctors weren't quite finished with having a poke around in the old anus to see what happens just yet.
You May Also Like
अस्य श्री गायत्री ध्यान श्लोक:
(gAyatri dhyAna shlOka)
• This shloka to meditate personified form of वेदमाता गायत्री was given by Bhagwaan Brahma to Sage yAgnavalkya (याज्ञवल्क्य).
• 14th shloka of गायत्री कवचम् which is taken from वशिष्ठ संहिता, goes as follows..
• मुक्ता-विद्रुम-हेम-नील धवलच्छायैर्मुखस्त्रीक्षणै:।
muktA vidruma hEma nIla dhavalachhAyaiH mukhaistrlkShaNaiH.
• युक्तामिन्दुकला-निबद्धमुकुटां तत्वार्थवर्णात्मिकाम्॥
yuktAmindukalA nibaddha makutAm tatvArtha varNAtmikam.
• गायत्रीं वरदाभयाङ्कुश कशां शुभ्रं कपालं गदाम्।
gAyatrIm vardAbhayANkusha kashAm shubhram kapAlam gadAm.
• शंखं चक्रमथारविन्दयुगलं हस्तैर्वहन्ती भजै॥
shankham chakramathArvinda yugalam hastairvahantIm bhajE.
This shloka describes the form of वेदमाता गायत्री.
• It says, "She has five faces which shine with the colours of a Pearl 'मुक्ता', Coral 'विद्रुम', Gold 'हेम्', Sapphire 'नील्', & a Diamond 'धवलम्'.
• These five faces are symbolic of the five primordial elements called पञ्चमहाभूत:' which makes up the entire existence.
• These are the elements of SPACE, FIRE, WIND, EARTH & WATER.
• All these five faces shine with three eyes 'त्रिक्षणै:'.
You take a loan from the bank.
The bank asks you, “what if you don’t pay back?”
You say, “take my home and sell it”.
That makes sense. The bank gives you a loan and in case you don’t pay, the bank will take over your house and sell it and recover its money.
Banks also lend money to big corporations. With them, banks don’t always have collateral.
So a loan where the bank has collateral is considered safer for the bank.
In the early 2000s, the banks in the USA were giving out loans to people for buying houses.
The economy had just recovered from the tech bubble in 2000 where many banks had given out loans to businesses that had shut down.
In that backdrop, the banks found giving home loans safer.
It was Ved Vyas who edited the eighteen thousand shlokas of Bhagwat. This book destroys all your sins. It has twelve parts which are like kalpvraksh.
In the first skandh, the importance of Vedvyas
and characters of Pandavas are described by the dialogues between Suutji and Shaunakji. Then there is the story of Parikshit.
Next there is a Brahm Narad dialogue describing the avtaar of Bhagwan. Then the characteristics of Puraan are mentioned.
It also discusses the evolution of universe.( https://t.co/2aK1AZSC79 )
Next is the portrayal of Vidur and his dialogue with Maitreyji. Then there is a mention of Creation of universe by Brahma and the preachings of Sankhya by Kapil Muni.
In the next section we find the portrayal of Sati, Dhruv, Pruthu, and the story of ancient King, Bahirshi.
In the next section we find the character of King Priyavrat and his sons, different types of loks in this universe, and description of Narak. ( https://t.co/gmDTkLktKS )
Thread on NARK(HELL) / \u0928\u0930\u094d\u0915— Anshul Pandey (@Anshulspiritual) August 11, 2020
Well today i will take you to a journey where nobody wants to go i.e Nark. Hence beware of doing Adharma/Evil things. There are various mentions in Puranas about Nark, But my Thread is only as per Bhagwat puran(SS attached in below Thread)
In the sixth part we find the portrayal of Ajaamil ( https://t.co/LdVSSNspa2 ), Daksh and the birth of Marudgans( https://t.co/tecNidVckj )
In the seventh section we find the story of Prahlad and the description of Varnashram dharma. This section is based on karma vaasna.
#THREAD— Anshul Pandey (@Anshulspiritual) August 12, 2020
WHY PARENTS CHOOSE RELIGIOUS OR PARAMATMA'S NAMES FOR THEIR CHILDREN AND WHICH ARE THE EASIEST WAY TO WASH AWAY YOUR SINS.
Yesterday I had described the types of Naraka's and the Sin or Adharma for a person to be there.
2....@Potus sent Jared Kushner (JK) to SA on an undisclosed trip and told King Salman that business as usual was over, and if he wanted Pres Trump's support, Prince Alwaleed would have to be divested of $ and power; Alwaleed is one of top Deep State $ men and was tied to HRC.
3. @Potus knew that before he could begin cleansing the US and the rest of the world of the DS, he would have to cut one of the financial head's off the snake (Alwaleed). After JK met w/ King Salman, Alwaleed was arrested and divested of billions; MBS became leader of SA.
4. SA loves Pres Trump because he's a man of his word; SA could not trust Hussein or Clintons because they use SA for oil and leverage; SA has many factions, but essentially you have the new and upcoming SA that is attempting to modernize through Crown Prince MBS, and then you
5...have the old guard represented by Alwaleed who was one of the Deep State financial heads and loyal to the DS more than SA; SA knew Hussein was financing Iran to hold western world hostage, and SA was caught in middle of Deep State black mail; this is why @Potus was celebrated
SUNDAY THREAD 🔖
A trend Following System That will Help You Improve Trading immensely.
RETWEET AND SHARE 🔄
EMA and SMA
1. Exponential Moving Average (EMA) is similar to Simple Moving Average (SMA), measuring trend direction over a period of time.
2. However, whereas SMA simply calculates an average of price data, EMA applies more weight to data that is more current
21 EMA : SHORT TERM TREND
1. Calculates the Average Price of past 21 days
2. A stock above 21 ema is in strong momentum , which will give pullbacks to 21 ema again and again.
3. Stock above 21 ema should never be shorted so as to stay with the trend
3. A stock which moves 10-15% above 21 ema will be too extended and hence will generally pullback
Stocks take dynamic support on 21 ema
4. You can Short only if its too extended like 15 to 20% from 21 ema ( Not advised )
1. Whenever 21 ema is sloping upwards its called uptrend
2. Whenever 21 ema is sloping downwards its called dowtrend
3. Whenever 21 ema is sideways its called consolidation
⏫Buy in uptrend
⏬Sell in downtrend