Authors Dr. Jane Clare Jones
Tell me why my feminism is wrong Grace.
Well, if anyone thought the Bell judgment was going to make TRAs reconsider making massively overblown claims with no evidence backed up with nothing but a thick wadge of emotional blackmail.... HAHAHA, no one thought that.
A high court in the UK made a delimited judgment about teenager's ability to consent to puberty blockers. This puts all trans people everywhere in the world at risk.
Because if any human anywhere has any thoughts that deviate in any way from the rote line dictated by
the trans rights movement, this puts all trans people everywhere in mortal danger.
Let's be honest Grace. It doesn't put trans people at risk. It puts trans ideology at risk. Because trans ideology depends on the idea of innate gender identity, and the trans child is the
necessary material evidence of the ontology of gender identity.
That is, children are being medicalised to provide evidence to underwrite adults identities.
Nothing to see here.
1. Intersex people are neither male or female
2. Intersex people prove that sex is a spectrum, or that male people are female
3. Sex is a cultural, or historical concept, and didn't exist before the colonisation of the Americas
I think that point of view is increasingly getting a foothold in Scotpol. Irrespective of where your sympathies are on gender recognition, you should not look the other way when people are spreading disinformation. It damages everyone by warping debate.— Mhairi Hunter (@MhairiHunter) December 11, 2020
4. All gender non-conforming people that existed throughout history are trans in the modern sense, even though that concept didn't exist and they didn't identify as such
5. Gender identity is a scientifically verified concept
6. There is no possible reason why young people
might experience distress with their body or gendered expectations other than them being trans, and that exploring those reasons is tantamount to conversion therapy
7. There is not a significant desistance rate in young people with gender dysphoria if they are not medicalised
8. Puberty blockers are just a pause button
9. Puberty blockers are totally safe and there is tons of medical evidence that the treatment has good outcomes
10. Women are not oppressed on the basis of their sex
11. Gender identification completely
overrides sex in all and every possible instance. There are no salient sex-based patterns either in physicality or behaviour that means we should continue to organise anything by sex.
12. People who continue to think that sex exists and is salient could only be motivated by
'I do not accept that male violence is a thing.'
'I consider female people having any spaces or services to themselves, or being able to stipulate intimate care from people of their own sex, to be a legal abhorrence.'
'Stonewall considers allowing ppl access to the spaces and services of the other sex on the basis of nothing but self declaration regardless of the obvious ways this can be abused and the evidence that it already has been to be sensible.'
'We still don't understand the law'
'Yeah, we really don't understand the law.'
1. That a small number of transitioned trans women have been using women's spaces for a long time is not the same as the impact of a new rights movement
To the small group of cis women worried about sharing spaces with trans women: you\u2019ve almost certainly already been doing so for most of ur life. The online trend of anti-trans hysteria is new, not trans women existing in th world we all share (under patriarchy we all experience)— Sally Rugg (@sallyrugg) January 15, 2021
that demands that *anybody is a women only on the basis of self-declaration* and explicitly includes cross-dressers under the trans umbrella. There was less than 5000 people who received a GRC. The estimates of the numbers of cross-dressers in the male population is around 4%.
THAT is a MASSIVE difference.
2. Therefore, any comments you make re: women's current resistance are irrelevant. We are not responding to the same thing.
3. Calling women's concerns about the number of males who may now have access to their intimate spaces 'hysteria'
immediately discredits you as a feminist. (Hello Judy!)
4. Female people are socialised into the rapeable class. They are subjected to objectification and violation from childhood, and especially from their early teens. This has a massive impact on
The world can be scary for women: we are at risk of violence from men we know and men we don\u2019t, we can be ridiculed and ignored in health settings, mocked in popular culture, excluded from opportunities for leadership and power. Cis women share all these experiences w trans women— Sally Rugg (@sallyrugg) January 15, 2021
mental health and sense of their own personhood. Many of us experience being female as fucking traumatic. We *do not* share this experience with people who go through childhood and puberty as males, and whose impression of what 'being female' means is informed by patriarchal
88% of victims of sexual offences are female.
Any society that is serious about protecting women from sexual offences must not decree *any* subclass of males immune from suspicion of being predatory.
Do you think it would be legitimate to ask if for example black or gay people should be excluded from certain schools?— Tom Harwood (@tomhfh) January 4, 2022
The same false memes about predators once circled those groups too.
When this is repeatedly brought to your attention you disavow the fact that
@OpheliaBenson @jk_rowling @bindelj calling women terfs, fascists, nazis, in league with the far right, etc etc, is rhetoric associated a broad campaign of harassment and intimidation, disavow the violence, and then carry right on with the rhetoric.
We've watched you do this for years. We've also watched you
@OpheliaBenson @jk_rowling @bindelj repeatedly claim you don't understand our position, and don't understand why we think your complicity with the erasure of female people as a sex class makes your feminism incoherent. We have explained all this to you at length, and you somehow, cannot grasp it, and then carry on
@OpheliaBenson @jk_rowling @bindelj calling us fascists.
Perhaps when women who have been on the receiving end of extreme abuse by trans rights activists for years, review your book, and find your feminism wanting, and then you turn around and claim victimhood, perhaps that's a little bit galling. Perhaps when
@OpheliaBenson @jk_rowling @bindelj you are siding with people who have been repeatedly accusing women of 'weaponising their trauma' because they want space free from males, we find it EXTREMELY GALLING for you to appeal to your trauma when you got some shitty book reviews.
Joanne Rowling is a survivor of sexual